Q'eswachaka rope bridge tour | Inca Bridge | Inca Suspension Bridges Tour
- Full Itinerary
- Tour Map
The last Inca bridge of Q´ueswachaca
With this program we will visit the last Inca bridge "Q´ueswachaca". Everything starts in Cusco, we pick you up early from the hotel to travel by car to the south. During the trip we will observe the Pomacanchi - Urcos and Yanaoca Lagoon, where we will visit the fissure of the same name and a somewhat tiny volcano. This way we will begin our tour to Q'ueswachaka. Arriving at Queswachaca located at 3,600 m.a.s.l. we will have the opportunity to visit its ancestral bridge, which is an iconic example of Inca architecture. The Q´ueswachaca Bridge is built on the majestic Apurimac River, located in the province of Canas; its conservation and traditional reconstruction are executed by the farming communities of Perccaro, Huinchi and Qqewe. The dimension of the bridge is 33 m. long and 1.20 m. wide, the material used is only the braided straw, obtained from the high Puna. After living this experience, we will return to Cusco in the afternoon, but before that we will visit the impressive caves of Ccarañahui or Q'arañahui (3,900 meters above sea level). This is a fantastic cavern of marine sedimentary material; its chemical composition is calcium hypochlorite, which by the constant dripping resulted in the formation of impressive stalagmites and stalactites, resulting in forms of cougar, condor. So some scholars indicate that the Incas came to this place to communicate with the Gods. The grotto is thousands of years old and in the background we can appreciate a mysterious lagoon. Finally we head to Cusco in our private car.
THE ANNUAL RECONSTRUCTION
The bridge of "Queswachaca" requires an annual maintenance because the straw (Ichu) used for its construction begins to decompose. The reconstruction takes place 3 days before the second Sunday of the month of June and the 4th day concludes with a folkloric festival, where you can share the traditions and customs that this community inherited from the Incas.
The Last Q´eswachaka Inca bridge
After an early pick up from the hotel in Cusco, we will travel south on the road that leads to the province of Canas; during the journey we will observe the Pomacanchi Lagoon - the enigmatic lagoon of Urcos, where the stories tell that the last Inca ordered to take all the Gold of the Empire so that it is not snatched by the Spaniards; we will also see the lagoon of Yanaoca, where we will visit a somewhat tiny volcano and the fissure of the same name.
The last Inca bridge suffers the deterioration of its material (straw) due to the inclement mountain climate, so it requires an annual maintenance that consists of a total reconstruction. Those in charge of the reconstruction are the peasant communities of Perccaro, Huinchi and Qqewe. The dimension of the bridge is 33 m. long and 1.20 m. wide, the material used is only straw (Ichu) braided from the heights of the region "Puna". In the afternoon we will return to Cusco, but the road has a surprise: at the height of the community of Hampatura there are the impressive caves of Ccarañahui or Q'arañahui which is located at 3,900 meters above sea level. This is a fantastic cavern of marine sedimentary material whose chemical composition is calcium hypochlorite, which from the constant dripping resulted in the formation of impressive stalagmites and stalactites. These curiously acquired forms of puma, and condor; the grotto is thousands of years old and in the background we can appreciate a mysterious lagoon, which tells the legend that the Incas went to the grotto to communicate spiritually with their Gods. Finally we will return to Cusco in our private car, ending in this way our tour to the Inca bridge of "Q'eswachaka".
THE ANNUAL RECONSTRUCTION
The bridge of "Q'eswachaka" requires an annual maintenance because the straw (Ichu) used for its construction begins to decompose; since the Inca era the reconstruction takes place in 3 days (before the second Sunday of the month of June) and on the 4th day the ceremony concludes with a folkloric festival, where you can share the traditions and customs unique in the world.
- Private Transportation Cusco - Queswachaca - Cusco.
- Professional English / Spanish guide.
- Lunch box.
- Entrance ticket.
- Tips for the staff.
We recommend you bring:
- Warm and rain clothes, comfortable shoes
- Photographic camera.
- Bottle with water.
- Snacks (energy bars, dried fruit, chocolates, cookies, etc.).
- Cash in soles and dollars (no ATM machines).
- Your ID.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The price will depend on whether you come as a group or as a private tour (at least 2 people). The price is PER PERSON. Request our seasonal offers, our discounts for reservations 3 months in advance and promotions for last minute reservations.
Office: +51 84 263646.
Mobile - WhatsApp: +51 984 709080.
Mobile - WhatsApp: +51 930 202155.
We are committed to provide an unforgettable experience in Peru, offering you quality at a great price. All the above sounds better if our own passengers say so, take a moment to review the comments about CuscoPeru.com
PRICE PER PERSON – 02 People Minimum
Entrance to all the mentioned tourist attractions
HOW TO BOOK?
To begin the process of booking we need you to send us the following information:
- Full Name:
- Number of Passport:
- Date of birth:
- Phone Number:
- It is very important in your flight information: (The name of the airline you are going to arrive in Cusco, your flight number, arrival Date and Time)
To confirm reservations it is required a 50% of the payment in advance.
We have 4 options for you to make the deposit.
- You can make the payment by VISA or MASTERCARD credit card through our system www.cuscoperu.com/payment this system gains 5% additional (SSL secure system and transfer charges of the foreign bank).
- You can make the payment through Western Unión to our legal representative: CARLOS ALBERTO POLAR AIQUIPA - DNI: 29691237 - City: Cusco Perú. You must send us the MTCN code of your deposit
- You can also make a deposit to the account of our company in the BBVA Banco Continental Current account: Account code. Interbancario: (CCI) 011 201 000100028495 18 - CUSCOPERU.COM E-COMMERCE SRL - SWIFT CODE: BCONPEPL - must add U$60.00 which is the charge made by our bank to our account by international transfer and administrative expenses, you should also consult your bank about the additional amount you will be charged.
- Finally with VISA - MASTERCARD credit card with PAYPAL generating the payment order we would send you CuscoPeru.com e-commerce If you accept this option you will have a surcharge of 7% .
¡We are here to serve you!