The ticket or ticket for Machu Picchu is an official document that grants the right of entry to the Archaeological Park of Machu Picchu, one of the 7 wonders of the world. The institution in charge of the administration and sale of the ticket for Machu Picchu is the Direction of Culture of Cusco.
To purchase your ticket you must first make a virtual reservation through the official website of the Ministry of Culture, you must indicate the date you will visit Machu Picchu, the time you will enter (take into account their train schedules) and enter your personal data, at the end of all the steps, you will be given a reservation code, with which you can make the payment at the offices of the Ministry of Culture, located in Calle Garcilaso SN - "Museo Casa Garcilaso" and 340 Maruri Street - Cusco. Please note that the reservation code is only valid for 3 hours, if you do not make the payment during that time you will lose your reservation.
In order to preserve the archaeological park of Machu Picchu and make visits more orderly, the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism (Mincetur) in coordination with the Ministry of Culture and SERNANP (National Service of Natural Areas Protected by the State) through the ministerial resolution No. 216-2018-MC, have given new provisions that come into force from January 1, 2019, here we mention the most important:
Machu Picchu Tickets 2023
Schedules for Machu Picchu Tickets 2023
The entry frequency is every hour, from 06:00 hours to 15:00 hours. When purchasing the entry ticket, you will need to select a specific time to avoid any inconvenience. It is important to have a guide for your visit. For more information, contact us at www.cuscoperu.com/contact-us.
It is recommended to ensure that you have your tickets in advance and plan your visit according to the information provided by the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
Each ticket is non-transferable, so it is important to enter the correct Name, Last Name, and Document Number for each passenger.
Schedules for Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Tickets 2023
Entry to Wayna Picchu Mountain is open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. You should know that the number of entries to this mountain is limited, with only 400 entries allowed per day. Therefore, you should purchase your tickets well in advance.
Schedules for Machu Picchu + Machu Picchu Mountain Tickets 2023
Machu Picchu Mountain (Machu Picchu mountain) is open from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. You should know that entry to this mountain is limited, so you should purchase your tickets well in advance.
Schedules for Machu Picchu + Inca Bridge Tickets
Entry to the Inca Bridge is open from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and you can access it with Circuit 1 or Circuit 2 tickets. Upon entering, you will need to sign a control book.
How to Buy Machu Picchu Tickets 2023 for Foreigners?
Online Ticket Purchase
By accessing the link https://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/, the official website of the Decentralized Office of Cusco.
Ticket purchase requires presenting a Passport and/or National Identity Document.
Authorized Offices in Cusco
You can purchase tickets in the city of Cusco at the following offices:
Hours: Monday - Saturday 07:00 - 19:00
Hours: Monday - Saturday 07:00 - 19:00
Get your Machu Picchu Ticket + Tour at CuscoPeru.com
Discounts on Machu Picchu Tickets
- Under age 3 to 17 with a valid Passport and/or National Identity Document.
- Students up to 25 years old:
- Peruvians must present a student ID issued by SUNEDU-MINEDU.
- Foreigners must present a student ID issued by the University of their country.
- Essential requirements:
- University Name
- Student's Name
- Printed Valid Date
- Andean Community members only: BOLIVIA-COLOMBIA & ECUADOR.
Payment Methods for Machu Picchu Tickets
Payments through the official website at https://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ can be made with:
- VISA-MASTERCARD-DINERS and AMEX.
In-person payments at the designated offices can be made in cash and/or with VISA-MASTERCARD-DINERS and AMEX cards.
How Far in Advance Should I Buy My Machu Picchu Ticket?
Buy your tickets in advance! Machu Picchu tickets sell out quickly, especially during the high season. Therefore, it is important to buy them in advance to ensure you get the desired date and time. It is recommended to purchase tickets at least 4 weeks in advance, and if you plan to visit Machu Picchu during the months of June, July, August, and September, it is recommended to book at least 3 months in advance.
If I Already Have My Machu Picchu Ticket, How Can I Add a Tour with CuscoPeru.com?
You should know that we have the legal authorizations from the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism of Peru (DIRCETUR). We contribute to the development of our country through the payment of taxes to SUNAT, and we comply with all the necessary licenses required by the government and municipality for tourism service companies.
Our greatest strength as an agency lies in our employees, with whom we have formed a team that combines experience, knowledge, and talent with the aim of being the best tour operator in Peru.
- Our operations, guides, and administrative team are the most qualified.
- We are direct operators, a 100% local company.
- We have the best equipment to serve our passengers.
- We design unforgettable experiences and achieve highly satisfied clients.
Since our start in 2015, we have won the TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice award and are in the top 10 best agencies www.cuscoperu.com, competing with thousands of others. We believe this is a great indicator of our clients' satisfaction and the quality of our experiences.
Tips and Recommendations for Buying My Machu Picchu Ticket
Buying a ticket to Machu Picchu can be an exciting and memorable experience. Here are some tips and recommendations to help you through the process:
Remember that Machu Picchu is a World Wonder, an iconic and highly visited site, so it is important to respect the site and follow the rules and regulations established to preserve its beauty and authenticity. Enjoy your visit to this historic marvel!
- Plan in advance: Machu Picchu is a very popular destination, and tickets sell out quickly, especially during the high season. Therefore, it is recommended to plan your visit several months in advance to ensure you get a ticket.
- Buy your ticket online: The most convenient way to purchase your ticket is through the official website of the Ministry of Culture of Peru (https://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/). This website allows you to select the date and time of your visit and make a secure payment.
- Choose the right ticket type: There are 4 different circuit options available for Machu Picchu, which vary in the duration of the visit and the areas you can explore. Make sure to select the ticket type that suits your preferences and needs. The most common options are the Machu Picchu only ticket and the Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu ticket.
- Check availability: Before making the purchase, make sure to check the availability of tickets for your desired date and time. Some dates, especially during the high season, may be sold out. If you find no availability on the official website, you can try contacting authorized travel agencies that may have some tickets available.
- Consider hiring a guide: Hiring a local guide can enhance your experience at Machu Picchu. Guides are familiar with the history and cultural aspects of the site and can provide additional information and interesting perspectives. You can hire a guide through our travel agency www.cuscoperu.com.
- Inform yourself about regulations and recommendations: Before your visit, familiarize yourself with the current regulations and recommendations for Machu Picchu. This may include entry restrictions, security measures.
- Prepare physically: Machu Picchu is located at a high elevation, and exploring the site involves walking and climbing stairs. Make sure you are physically prepared for the visit, especially if you plan to ascend to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountains. Wearing comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing is also important.
- Before selecting the date and time of your visit to Machu Picchu, confirm your transportation arrangement by train and bus, the arrival time in Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes), and take into account the travel time by bus from Aguas Calientes to the entry point (Consetur Bus) as tickets can only be used at the selected time.
Keep in mind that the weather in Machu Picchu is unpredictable as it is located in a mountainous region. Be prepared for sudden changes in temperature, rain, and potentially slippery conditions on the terrain. Carry a waterproof jacket and some warm clothing with you, even if you visit the site during the warmer months.
*It's better when our passengers say it, take a moment to review the comments about CuscoPeru.com.
Starting in 2019 the entrance schedule to the citadel of Machu Picchu has been modified. 09 entrance shifts have been created (6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00), which in turn are divided into 03 time groups:
- Calle Garcilaso SN - Museo Casa Garcilaso – Cusco Opening Hours: Monday - Saturday 07:00 - 19:00 (non-holidays) Phone: +51084 255805
- Palacio Inka Kusikancha, Calle Maruri 340 - Cusco Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday 7:00 AM to 19:00 (non-holidays) Phone: +51084 582030
- Centro Cultural Aguas Calientes - next to the main square of Machu Picchu Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday 6:30 hrs. a 18:30 hrs. Phone: +51084 211196
Tickets to Machu Picchu 2024, everything you need to know
From which date can I purchase my ticket for 2024?
Ticket sales will be available starting from December on the official website https://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/