South of Lima, Ica is surrounded by deserts and is famous as the capital of the Peruvian department that gave birth to the famousliquor, Peruvian Pisco. The sweet, delicious and quite particular, are a delicacy for the senses. The heat, which leads us to hand in our walks, makes wonderful stay in Ica.
Between the months of April to October, the temperature drops considerably at night, in the early hours of the morning the temperature rises gradually until after midday.
According to the latest report of the Instituto Nacional de Estadistica e Informática (INEI), the population of Arequipa is as follows:
Here are some suggestions of what you can do in Ica, Nazca or Paracas.
- Develop your own theory about who built the geoglyphs in the Nazca and Palpa pampas, why, and what for.
- Practice sandboarding in the dunes around the Huacachina lagoon.
- See the process of making Pisco, from grape growing to bottling in the prestigious vineyards of Ica.
- Learn about the life, research and discoveries of Maria Reiche in the house museum that bears her name.
- See the sea lion ecosystem, while sailing to the Ballestas Islands.
If you are looking for tours in Ica, Paracas or Nazca write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org@cuscoperu.com