Amazon Expedition Macaw Clay Lick tour - Peru Amazon rainforest tour 3D
- Full Itinerary
- Tour Map
- Contact Us
The three-day tour to Puerto Maldonado includes a visit full of experiences to one of the most important attractions of the Amazon: the impressive Macaw Clay Lick in the Bahuaja Sonene National Park, as well as possible encounters with wild animals and crossings by remote affluents of the Amazon River.
Duration:03 days / 02 nights.
Departures: Every day, all year.
Location: Clay Lick
DAY 1: BOAT TRIP FROM PUERTO MALDONADO TO WASAI TAMBOPATA LODGE:
Our experience begins in Puerto Maldonado, we will pick you up from the airport and transfer you to the Wasai hotel, where you will receive your welcome with a delicious cocktail or tropical juice and an explanation about the Amazon tour. Then we will embark on a boat with an outboard motor and we will travel for 3 to 4 hours up the Tambopata River to WASAI Tambopata Lodge and Research Center (box lunch on board). During the trip into the heart of the rainforest we will be able to observe clouds of butterflies, birds of the tropical rainforest passing above the boat, caymans, capybaras (the largest rodents in the world) and many other species of the local wildlife. Then we will reach the lodge and settle in. After a short break, we will make a first visit to the surrounding forest or visit the “Cascadas del Gato”, where we will enjoy a bath in a “natural Jacuzzi”. After dinner, we will make a nocturnal visit to the forest to observe and hear insects and frogs of different colors and we may have an occasional encounter with nocturnal animals.
We will enjoy diverse sounds of the jungle which will accompany us on our first night in the Amazon.
DAY 2: BOAT TRIP TO THE UPPER TAMBOPATA RIVER & MACAWS:
This day we will wake up early, at 4:30 am to take a light breakfast (coffee or mate), to begin with our 40-minute travel upstream to the Macaw Clay Lick “El Chuncho” in the Bahuaja-Sonene National Park. We will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful natural sceneries and wildlife of the Tambopata riverbanks. Upon our arrival, if weather permits, we will observe one of the greatest wildlife spectacles where hundreds of parrots and different species of macaws gather to eat clay, an unforgettable experience that makes this one of the greatest tours in the amazon. Then, we will walk through the river beach searching for animal footprints while we have a snack. We will return to the lodge to have a mid-morning breakfast. After a short break, we will cross the river to visit the opposite shore, a small tributary called “Gato River”, where there is a small waterfall where we can take a refreshing dip and go for a swim. Back to the lodge, we will have lunch and take a rest. The time is appropriate to observe the large number of birds that fly around the lodge. Then, in the middle of the afternoon, we will take a guided walk through the nearby forests and observe the flora and fauna.
We will watch the sunset and progressively listen to the sounds of birds and nocturnal insects, which will give way to the sounds of the night. In the darkness of the night we will make a crossing in search of alligators and other nocturnal species. After dinner we can rest and enjoy the last night in the Amazon. Overnight at Wasai Tambopata Lodge.
DAY 3: AIRPORT TRANSFER
Breakfast and transfer by boat to Puerto Maldonado; we will have new opportunities to observe the landscape, the flora and the Amazonian fauna. In Puerto Maldonado, our transport will take you to the airport at the appropriate time.
We have several options based on the hotel, type of train and guided, the options are adapted to all budgets and THE PRICE IS PER PERSON. If the hotel of your choice is not on our offer, ask us for a price, we will respond quickly.
Office: +51 84 263646.
Cell - WhatsApp: +51 984 709080.
Cell - WhatsApp: +51 984 680809.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE CUSCO?
We are committed to providing you with an unforgettable experience in Peru, offering you quality at a great price. All of the above sounds better if our own passengers say the same so, take a moment to review the comments about CuscoPeru.com
SEE OUR OFFERS!
PRICE PER PERSON in Double Room or Matrimonial - Minimum 02 people
HOW TO BOOK?
To begin the process of booking we need you to send us the following information:
- Full Name:
- Number of Passport:
- Date of birth:
- Phone Number:
- It is very important in your flight information: (The name of the airline you are going to arrive in Cusco, your flight number, arrival Date and Time)
We have 4 options for you to make the deposit.
- You can make the payment by VISA or MASTERCARD credit card through our system www.cuscoperu.com/payment this system gains 5% additional (SSL secure system and transfer charges of the foreign bank).
- You can make the payment through Western Unión to our legal representative: FANNY CHOQQUE YEPEZ - DNI: 76474604 - City: Cusco Perú. You must send us the MTCN code of your deposit
- You can also make a deposit to the account of our company in the BBVA Banco Continental Current account: Account code. Interbancario: (CCI) 011 201 000100028495 18 - CUSCOPERU.COM E-COMMERCE SRL - SWIFT CODE: BCONPEPL - must add U$60.00 which is the charge made by our bank to our account by international transfer and administrative expenses, you should also consult your bank about the additional amount you will be charged.
- Finally with VISA - MASTERCARD credit card with PAYPAL generating the payment order we would send you CuscoPeru.com e-commerce If you accept this option you will have a surcharge of 7% .
¡We are here to serve you!
Site in cosntruction