Located in the first block of the street Zela in the Plaza San Francisco.
Once the Franciscans arrive in Arequipa in 1551, the church was built poorly and provisionally, as the site of the first church ran the refectory. Arequipa asking neighbors to build a religious complex for the Franciscans, in 1569 held the contract with the architect Gaspar Baez and work started immediately, rising walls of ashlar and brick vaults, with a single nave, as all the first churches of Arequipa, is then added and finally the chancel side aisles at the expense of Canon D. Gregory Ignacio Adriazola.
The Convent as the church, dating from the sixteenth century cloisters with large silver and jewels of religious art. A museum, interesting art gallery and a library with over 20,000 volumes.
In the church include the Baroque pulpit decorated with embossed shortened and the front of the main altar is completely embossed in silver. Today has been converted into a craft mall.
The part of the museum, has an interesting art gallery and a library with over 20,000 volumes.