Transfer from Cusco to Poroy train station. Train up to the 104km. At this point after We check our entrances and passports with Machu Picchu Park rangers, We start trekking for approximately 3 hours, up to the well-preserved remains of Wiñay Wayna (2900 m.a.s.l). On the way, We will see beautiful waterfalls, native flora and mountain birds. After lunch. We have time to rest and enjoy exploring the site with its houses, terraces, towers and local museum, as well as visiting the Inti Punku, the Inca Gate of the Sun, where we will get our first sight of Machu Picchu. We finally cross the ridge that leads to our destination, and the full sight of the greatest archaeological discovery of modern times is reveled. After an overview and orientation about the city of Machu Picchu, you will take the tourist bus that will take you down to Aguas Calientes, where our services end`s from where we will board our train back to Cusco
- Orientation meeting (previous to departure date).
- Transfer from Cusco / Poroy train station.
- Professional bilingual guide, additional cost for other languages.
- Assistant Guide from 9 passengers.
- Box lunch (2 sandwiches + 1 small spaghetti salad + 2 fruits + 1 bottle of water + 1 chocolate + 1 energy bar.
- One way bus down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Round-trip Expediiton train for guides.
- One way Expedition train for passengers
Price does not include:
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail.
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes.
- Transfer from Cusco train station to hotel in Cusco or from Ollantaytambo train station to hotel in the Sacred Valley.
- Train back from Machu Picchu for passengers.
- Dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Hotels in Cusco and Aguas Calientes.
- Extras not mentioned in itinerary.
Trip starts in Cusco. An extra will be charged if passengers must be picked up from the Sacred Valley. The same if we have to drop off passengers at the Sacred Valley: