Tambopata Travel 4D - Amazon Expedition Tambopata 4D
- Full Itinerary
- Tour Map
- Contact Us
Our expedition to the Amazon- Lake Sandoval and Tambopata for four days includes a visit full of experiences to the most important attractions in the region: the impressive Macaw Clay Lick in the Bahuaja Sonene National Park and the heavenly Lake Sandoval in the Tambopata- Candamo Reserved Zone, in addition to possible encounters with wild animals. This is a program designed for nature lovers, especially for bird watchers and wildlife lovers.Duration: 04 days / 03 nights.
Departures: Daily, all year.
DAY 1: FROM WASAI MALDONADO ECOLODGE TO WASAI TAMBOPATA LODGE & RESEARCH CENTER AND NIGHT EWALK THROUGH THE FOREST:
Our expedition begins in Puerto Maldonado; we will receive you at the airport and transfer you to the WASAI Maldonado Ecolodge, where you will receive our welcome with a delicious cocktail or tropical juice. We will embark on a boat with an outboard motor and we will travel for approximately 4 hours through the Tambopata River, to the WASAI Tambopata Lodge & Research Center (Box lunch on route). During the journey we will observe the colonist farms and birds of various species; we will also have the opportunity to see on the way families of capybaras, the largest rodents in the world. Once in the Lodge we will check in and settle and, after a short rest, we will make a nocturnal visit to the forest to observe and hear insects, bats, frogs and maybe we will have an occasional encounter with other nocturnal mammals. Dinner and overnight at the Lodge.
DAY 2: MACAW CLAY LICK, “CASCADA DEL GATO” (“CAT WATERFALL”) AND NIGHT WALK THROUGH TAMBOPATA
We will get up at approximately 4:30 in the morning, have a light coffee or mate and start our 40-minute journey upstream to the "El Chuncho Macaw Clay Lick", in the "Bahuaja-Sonene" National Park. We will have the opportunity to enjoy beautiful natural scenery and wildlife on the banks of the Tambopata River. Upon our arrival, whenever the weather conditions permit, we will be able to observe one of the greatest spectacles of the wild life, since hundreds of parrots and macaws of various species descend to feed on the clay of a ravine. Afterwards, we will cross the river beach in search of animal tracks while we have a snack. At midmorning, we will return to the lodge to have breakfast and enjoy free time (2 hours approx.), either to rest, to do adventure activities such as: zip lines, tree climbing course, or simply enjoy the facilities and amenities that Wasaí offers.
At 11:00 am we will cross the river by boat (10 minutes approx.), to enjoy the "Cascadas del Gato" and take a refreshing swim in a "natural Jacuzzi". Optionally, we will try to fish some of the more than 250 species of fish that live in the area or go kayaking or canoeing in the river. After lunch, we will enter the jungle making a Ethnobotanic trek through the trails of Tambopata, learning about the plants and medicinal trees of the area, and observing the impressive ecosystem of the Amazon, where we can see walking palm trees, millenary lupunas (trees), snakes, etc. At nightfall, we will take a night boat ride in search of alligators. Dinner and overnight at WASAI Tambopata Lodge.
DAY 3: LAKE SANDOVAL AND PUERTO MALDONADO:
After breakfast we will start our return on the Tambopata River to the WASAÍ Maldonado Ecolodge, where we will leave our luggage, have lunch and rest briefly. Then we will move again by boat for 30 minutes to Lake Sandoval. We will have a 3 km walk to the shores of the lake where we will board a canoe for a rowing tour, enjoying the beauty of the landscape and observing the lake's wildlife, such as Martines Pescadores, herons, monkeys and exotic birds. With a bit of luck, we will see the family of river wolves (giant otters) that inhabit the lake. We will have the opportunity to bathe in the waters of the lake in complete safety. We will observe the transition from day to night and progressively listen to the sounds of birds and nocturnal insects, which will give way to the sounds of the night. Then we will begin the return to the Madre de Dios River and Puerto Maldonado. After dinner we can rest or walk around the city on foot or by bicycle, the rest of the night will be free to enjoy the nightlife of this cozy city. Night in WASAI Maldonado Ecolodge.
DAY 4: TRANSFER TO THE AIRPORT:
Farewell breakfast and free morning until the time of transfer to the airport, thus concluding the expedition.
- Transportation from the airport to the hotel (return).
- Complete meals (does not include lunch and dinner on day 4)
- Bilingual guide
- Rubber boots
- Domestic flights.
- Adventure activities (zip lines, kayaking, etc.).
- Airport taxes.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Phone or radio calls.
- Entrance to the Tambopata National Park and Reserve.
We have several options based on the hotel, type of train and guided, the options are adapted to all budgets and THE PRICE IS PER PERSON. If the hotel of your choice is not on our offer, ask us for a price, we will respond quickly.
Office: +51 84 263646.
Cell - WhatsApp: +51 984 709080.
Cell - WhatsApp: +51 984 680809.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE CUSCO?
We are committed to providing you with an unforgettable experience in Peru, offering you quality at a great price. All of the above sounds better if our own passengers say the same so, take a moment to review the comments about CuscoPeru.com
HOW TO BOOK?
To begin the process of booking we need you to send us the following information:
- Full Name:
- Number of Passport:
- Date of birth:
- Phone Number:
- It is very important in your flight information: (The name of the airline you are going to arrive in Cusco, your flight number, arrival Date and Time)
We have 4 options for you to make the deposit.
- You can make the payment by VISA or MASTERCARD credit card through our system www.cuscoperu.com/payment this system gains 5% additional (SSL secure system and transfer charges of the foreign bank).
- You can make the payment through Western Unión to our legal representative: FANNY CHOQQUE YEPEZ - DNI: 76474604 - City: Cusco Perú. You must send us the MTCN code of your deposit
- You can also make a deposit to the account of our company in the BBVA Banco Continental Current account: Account code. Interbancario: (CCI) 011 201 000100028495 18 - CUSCOPERU.COM E-COMMERCE SRL - SWIFT CODE: BCONPEPL - must add U$60.00 which is the charge made by our bank to our account by international transfer and administrative expenses, you should also consult your bank about the additional amount you will be charged.
- Finally with VISA - MASTERCARD credit card with PAYPAL generating the payment order we would send you CuscoPeru.com e-commerce If you accept this option you will have a surcharge of 7% .
¡We are here to serve you!
Site in cosntruction