WHAT IS WAYNA PICCHU?
Wayna Picchu is a Quechua word that means “Young Mountain”. It would become the antonym of the also famous Machu Picchu Mountain, that means “Old Mountain”. Huayna Picchu has a viewpoint at the top that allows one to have one of the best views of Machu Picchu citadel; moreover, one can appreciate remains of the Inca terraces on the hillside, as well as a half-built temple known as “The Temple of the Moon”. Machu Picchu Mountain
HOW TO REACH WAYNA PICCHU:
In order to reach Machu Picchu, you need to acquire your entry ticket in advance (at least 3 months ahead), either on food or by bus, then you must walk to the entry checkpoint through the circuit no 3 that starts from the inferior side of the citadel. The ascent will take between 45-60 minutes, depending on the person´s physical condition.
|Table of Prices||Foreign Adults||Foreign Students||Escolar extranjero||National Adults||National Students||Escolar Nacional|
|Machupicchu + Huaynapicchu||S/.200.00||S/.125.00||S/. 118.00||S/.112.00||S/.80.00||S/80.00|
The entry hours for "Montaña Wayna Picchu" are the following:
- First group: Machu Picchu -Huayna Picchu 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.
- Second group: Machu Picchu -Huayna Picchu 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Remember that the maximum capacity for Wayna Picchu is of 400 persons per day, divided in 2 groups of 200 each. WE RECOMMEND YOU BOOK IN ADVANCE, AT LEAST 3 MONTHS EARLIER.
HOW TO RESERVE THE TICKET FOR HUAYNA PICCHU?
In order to reserve the ticket to :Huayna Picchu , you need to follow the next steps:
- First you need to make a virtual reservation through the official page of the Ministry of Culture. You need to choose the date and the time frame during which you will visit both Wayna Picchu and the Machu Picchu Citadel; you will need to record your personal information (You should be careful with this part, as changes generate penalties).
- On ending the process of virtual reservation, you will receive a “code” that you can use to pay for your reservation.
If you would like to acquire your tickets in an easy manner, you can do it online through this page:
WHERE TO PAY FOR THE HUAYNA PICCHU TICKET?
- Calle Garcilaso SN - Museo Casa Garcilaso – Cusco
Public contact hours: Monday-Saturday 7:00-19:30 (holidays closed). Telephone: +51 084255805
- Inka Kusicancha Palace, calle Maruri 340- Cusco
Public contact hours: Monday-Saturday 7:00-19:30 (holidays closed). Telephone: +51 084582030
- at the offices of Banco de la Nacion in Peru.