Located at the intersection of streets Superunda Count and Camana.


The temple stands out for the simplicity of its cover that contrasts with its magnificent rococo tower. Inside several notable sculptures are preserved as the image of Santa Rosa, Melchor Caffa (seventeenth century), Christ School Juan Bautista Vasquez and the Virgin of the Rosary of Roque de Badulaque (seventeenth century).

Santa Catalina convent Lima



The first was destroyed during the earthquake of October 28, 1746. The current tower was conceived and designed by the Viceroy Manuel Amat y Junient in 1766 in the Rococo style, being in the lower octagonal. It is divided into a lower body and two bodies called cube high with small balconies on brackets. At the top stands the sculpture known as the Angel of Fame. The total height is 46 meters. Its original color is white and pink, becoming the most striking characteristic of the religious complex.


In the choir of the church is what is considered the country's oldest masonry. Fully worked cedar wood brought from Nicaragua, is Renaissance, Mannerist elements. It has two sets of chairs: the first level was carved at one time, with the design based on the old. The originals are in the back, taking the back carvings of saints and other biblical figures. In the center of the seating is the main seat of the Prior of the convent, with carvings of St. Dominic and St. Francis of Assisi, founder of the Dominicans and Franciscans, respectively. The choir stalls were carved by various artists.


This complex consists of three buildings, of which the lateral chapels are composed in which are located several altarpieces. On the front side from left to right are the following altarpieces or altars: Next to the Gospel, the altarpieces of San Jacinto in Poland, San Jose, St. Dominic and Our Lady of the Rosary, and on the side of those of the Epistle Peruvian Saints, amines, St. Thomas Aquinas, the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Chapel of the Lord of Justice and the Chapel of the Rosary Confraternity.


The altar is decorated in neoclassical style in turquoise and gold.


Opening Hours:
Every day from 10:00 to 12:00 hrs. and from 16:00 to 19:00 hrs