Also known as the city of kings, the noble title so far holds, Lima metropolis grows as fast and modern. As the only American capital city situated on the seafront, Lima is populous (over 8 million) and is full of sights and renowned restaurants. It is the food capital of America and only for that reason, one of many that has become a nice tourist center. Its beaches, likewise, offer us the beauty of its women and its waves. Their neighborhoods, on the other hand, taught us the deep heart of a thriving city that shows the destination of Peru.
The city of Lima is located in the valleys of the Chillón, Rímac and Lurín rivers, in the central coastal part of the country, overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
|Season||Climate||Min Temp.||Max Temp.||Humidity|
|Summer (January - March)||Warm||21 °C||30 °C||70%|
|Autumn (April - June)||Cold||17 °C||22 °C||80%|
|Winter (July - September)||Cold||14 °C||18 °C||95%|
|Spring (October - December)||Warm||17 °C||24 °C||80%|
The above table shows the minimum temperature, maximum temperature and humidity relative for every season.
|Main Square of Lima||154 masl|
The altitude shown is in meter about seza level (m.a.s.l.).
|Lima||10 072 000|
Things To Do
Here are some suggestions about how to spend your time in Lima
- See the changing of the guard at the palace of government in the main square.
- Enjoy Peruvian cuisine in the best’s restaurants in Lima.
- By taking a walk you can admire and relive the history of Lima in the different colonial houses of the city.
- You would be able to visit important Inca and pre-Inca Museums of Archaeology, Anthropology and History of Peru.
- By visiting the Zoo you can see a wide variety of animals from Peru and other countries, in the Park of the Legends.
- Have fun and get wet in the Magic Water Circuit.