WHERE IS MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN SITUATED?
The mountain of Machu Picchu is situated in front of the mountain Huayna Picchu, to the south of this citadel of the same name; the view from Machu Picchu Mountain is incomparable, you can appreciate the Inca city and Huayna Picchu from a higher perspective.
HOW TO REACH MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN?
In order to reach Machu Picchu Mountain you need to acquire your entry ticket in advance (at least 1 month before); you will need to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu, whether on foot or by bus, then you must walk to the entry checkpoint through Circuit Nº 1, that starts from the superior part of the citadel. The ascent takes between 3-4 hours, depending on the physical condition of the person.
|Price table||Adult Foreigner||Student Foreigner||Foreign student||Adult National||Student National||National school student|
|Machu Picchu + Montaña||S/.200.00||S/.125.00||S/. 118.00||S/.112.00||S/.80.00||S/80.00|
The entry hours for "Machu Picchu Mountain" are:
- First group: Machu Picchu -Machupicchu Mountain 7:00 - 8:00 a.m.
- Second group: Machu Picchu -Machupicchu Mountain 09:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Remember that the maximum capacity for the Machu Picchu Mountain is of 400 persons per day, divided in 2 groups, each of 200 persons each. WE RECOMMEND YOU BOOK IN ADVANCE, AT LEAST 1 MONTH BEFORE.
HOW TO RESERVE THE TICKET TO THE MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN?
In order to book the ticket for Machu Picchu Mountain, take the following steps:
- Firstly you need to make a virtual booking through the official page of the Ministry of Culture. You need to choose the date and the times during which you will visit both the mountain and the Machu Picchu Citadel; you will need to record your personal information (Be careful with this part, as changes generate penalties)
- At the end of the booking process you will receive a code that you can use to pay your reservation.
IF YOU WISH TO ACQUIRE TICKETS IN AN EASY MANNER, YOU CAN DO IT ONLINE THROUGH THIS PAGE:
WHERE TO PAY FOR THE TICKET TO MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN?
- Calle Garcilaso SN - Casa Garcilaso Museum – Cusco
Public contact hours: Monday-Saturday 7:00-19:30 (holidays closed). Telephone: +51 084255805
- Inka Kusikancha Palace, calle Maruri 340 - Cusco
Public contact hours: Monday-Saturday 7:00-19:30 (holidays closed). Telephone: +51 084582030
- at the offices of Banco de la Nacion in Peru.