The Machu Picchu ticket is an official document that grants the right to enter The Archeological Park of Machu Picchu, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The institution in charge of the administration and selling the ticket for Machu Picchu is the Decentralized Direction of Culture of Cusco.
If you would like to acquire the ticket in an easy manner, you can do it online through this page:www.miticketmachupicchu.com
HOW TO BUY THE TICKET FOR MACHU PICCHU:
In order to buy your ticket, you must first make a reservation through the official page of the Ministry of Culture, you will need to indicate the date you will visit Machu Picchu, the time you will enter (keeping in mind the train schedules) and record your personal information; after finishing all the steps, you will be granted a reservation code, with which you can make the payment at the offices of the Ministry of Culture, situated on Calle Gracilaso SN- Musem Casa Gracilaso and in Calle Maruri 340, Cusco. Keep in mind that the reservation code is only valid for 3 hours, if you do not make the payment during this time, you will lose the reservation.
NEW RULES 2022:
With the objective being the preservation of the archeological park of Machu Picchu and making sure the visits are more ordered, the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism (MINCETUR), in coordination with the Ministry of Culture and the SERNANP (National Services of Natural Areas Protected by the State), through the ministerial resolution no 216-2018-MC have given new dispositions that come into force starting the 1st of January 2019. Here we mention the most important ones:
- The opening hours of Machu Picchu citadel for 2019 will remain at 6:00am and it will close at 5:30pm
- 9 entry shifts have been created (6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00), which in turn are divided into 3 time groups
- the length of stay of the visitor in Llaqta de Machu Picchu will be a maximum of 4 hours from the arrival until the departure, with the exception of the entries which combine with the alternate routes, Mountain Wayna Picchu and Mountain Machu Picchu.
- the breach of the length of stay allowed generates the immediate withdrawal of the visitors
- the valid documents for FOREIGN VISITORS are: passport, foreigner card or diplomatic certificate
- the FOREIGN STUDENTS up to the undergraduate level need to identify themselves with the valid original card or certificate and the passport with the respective visa granted by the consulate, Embassy of Peru or by the National Migration Superintendence
- the valid document for PERUVIAN VISITORS is the original DNI
- the PERUVIAN STUDENTS up to the undergraduate level must present their current card issued by SUNEDU (Superintendence of Higher Education University) or by the Ministry of Education
- the VISITORS BELONGING TO CAN (Andean Community of Nations) will pay the same rate as the Peruvians and will need to present the ID card or original identity document.
- the TOUR GUIDES can enter the citadel with a maximum of sixteen (16) visitors per group, must necessarily carry an identification flag.
*Source: official daily “El Peruano”/ Web portal of Ministry of Culture.
|Table of Prices||Foreign Adults||Foreign Students||National Adults||National Students|
|Inka Town Machupicchu (Travel through Inka city)||S/. 152.00||S/. 77.00||S/. 64.00||S/. 32.00|
|Machupicchu + Montaña Machupicchu||S/. 200.00||S/. 125.00||S/. 112.00||S/. 80.00|
|Machupicchu + Montaña Waynapicchu||S/. 200.00||S/. 125.00||S/. 112.00||S/. 80.00|
|Museo de sitio Manuel Chavez Ballón||S/. 22.00||S/. 11.00||S/. 22.00||S/. 11.00|
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IN ORDER TO VISIT MACHU PICCHU:
- in order to enter the citadel, you need to present your ticket and your identification document. The time allowed inside is a maximum of 4 hours and re-entering is not allowed
- you have 3 CIRCUIT OPTIONS to start your travel: NO 1 CIRCUIT is more complete and ascends to “Casa del Guardian” from where the classic postcards of Machu Picchu are taken. CIRCUIT NO 2 starts in the middle part of the complex and CIRCUIT NO 3 starts in the inferior part and is the shortest circuit.
- you cannot bring and/or consume alcoholic beverages inside the Archeological Park of Machu Picchu.
- you cannot climb the walls or other constructions in the Inca city.
- do not make inscriptions on floors, walls, stones- it is subjected to penalty.
- do not subtract samples of lithic material and/or plants or flowers.
- do not throw solid/liquid waste.
- do not wear backpacks that weigh more than 20kg.
- do not bring filming equipment or professional photography for commercial purposes. To do this, the permit and corresponding authorization must be processed at the Regional Office of Culture in Cusco.
- do not feed the wild animals
OFFICES OF THE DECENTRALIZED DIRECTION OF CULTURE OF CUSCO:
- calle Garcilaso SN-Museum Casa Garcilaso Cusco
Public contact hours: Monday-Saturday 07:00-19:30 (holidays closed). Telephone: +51 084255805
- Palace Inka Kusicancha, calle Maruri 340- Cusco
Public contact hours: Monday-Saturday 07:00-19:30 (holidays closed). Telephone: +51 084582030
- Aguas Calientes Cultural Center –by Plaza de Armas de Machu Picchu
Public contact hours: Monday-Sunday from 5:30-20:30. Telephone: +51 084211196