Documentation & Legality
To enter Peru natives from Western Europe, Asia, South America, North America, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa do not need a visa, but are required to update their passport travelers from other countries.
To obtain a tourist visa, you need a valid passport, two color photos, a form of application, air ticket out of Peru, a solvency test and the required fee.
If the passport is filled with travel stamps and still not have an expiration date, you may request that you add more pages to your passport at the embassy.
To all the people who visit Peru are given to get a tourist card to be filled with personal data, each card has a duplicate and the immigration office keeps a copy of it.
CuscoPeru.com recommends that when entering the country need a passport valid for at least six months after they have arrived in the country. If your passport expires within the country, may be renewed for free at their country's embassies in Peru
Regulations in protected areas of Peru
Prohibited in archaeological sites:
- Carry and / or consume alcoholic beverages within the archaeological centers.
- Climb the walls and other archaeological constructions.
- Make entries in the floors, walls, stones, etc. If so this will be punished.
- Subtract lithic samples and / or plants or flowers.
- Throwing solid and / or liquid.
- Access of crews or professional photography for commercial, for it must apply for a permit and authorization in the Regional Directorate of Culture.
It is prohibited in national parks and reserves:
- Feeding wild animals.
- Making noise and generate noise that adversely impacts on the ecosystem (speakers, shouts, whistles, loudspeakers or similar).
- Get far away from the camp. Only with express authorization.
- Tourists can only swim in places and times authorized by the guides.
Actions that constitute crimes:
- Smoking in public places is prohibited by law.
- Carrying a firearm without appropriate authorization constitutes a felony.
- The speech, both spoken and written, in defense or praise of acts or terrorist organizations is punishable by law.
- The transportation, possession and / or sale of drugs as marijuana, cocaine, opium, crack, LSD and other is considered a felony and is punishable by imprisonment.
A summary of necessary information for the traveler: Exchange, schedules, reference prices and much more.
Choose tours where you can appreciate breathtaking landscapes and vestiges of ancient cultures.
hotels & lodgings
Find accommodation for your stay in Cusco, from facilities in rural areas to five star hotels.