Inti Raymi 2013
On June 24th, will be held the great festival in honor of the Sun (inca’s God), Inti Raymi, which will be developed in the three historical and customary sceneries for its development, the Qorikancha (Temple of the Sun), the Main square of Cusco (Auqaypata) and Sacsayhuaman.
9:00 hours: The staging begins at the Qorikancha (duration 30 minutes).
11:00 hours: The Inca and his royal entourage, entering Auqaypata (main square) by Inti K'ijllu (Duration 45 minutes).
13:30 hours: Central Ceremony Starts on the esplanade of Sacsayhuaman, where you will see the following acts. (Duration 90 minutes).
- ceremonial placement
- Report of the 4 Regions (Suyos): Qollasuyu, Kuntisuyu, Antisuyu and Chinchaysuyu
- Rite of Chicha.
- Rite of Sacred Fire.
- Sacrifice of the Flame (Andean camelid) and omens.
- Sankhu Rite (holy bread).
- Q'ochurikuy (outbreak of popular excitement).
The central ceremony of Inti Raymi takes place on the esplanade of Sacsayhuaman, in which space the stands of appreciation enable up to 3,859 spectators.
Tickets and booking
The cost of tickets and the threshold amount by type of income are as follows:
|Stand||General fee in US$||children rate in US$|
* The cost is expressed in US$ or its equivalent in local currency at the exchange rate of the day of deposit. The ticket includes Services Plano, official event script in 3 languages and a DVD format disc alluding to the ceremony.
Limited capacity of 50 spectators for children under 12 years upon verification of your document and accredited tour guides.