Day 1: Lima - Arequipa.
In the morning flight Lima - Arequipa. Pick up from Arequipa Airport toward the hotel to rest. In the afternoon, at 2:30 PM, we will pick you up from the hotel to begin the City Tour in Arequipa. We will visit the famous Monastery of Santa Catalina, of course walk through Plaza de Armas, and the Cathedral, the Plaza of San Francisco, *founded Iron, main colonial houses and cloisters of the Society of Jesus, finishing in Yanahuara. The tour will end at approximately 6:00 PM.
- The Arequipe?os are very proud of their land and their customs, they have the sentiment of being an independent nation, ask the guide of their customs and the food which is very rich. Do not forget to try the shrimp soup and ice cream dessert cheese.
- Use Sunscreen.
- It gets hot during the day but at night it gets quite cold, so bundle up!
Day 2: Colca Valley.
Early breakfast at the hotel. At 08:30 AM, we board our bus, we leave for the northern road and pass through the Chachani Volcano, a beautiful site to appreciate, and then we arrive at Pampa Ca?ahuas, the National Reserve of vicu?as (camels.) Also on the tour we will appreciate the snowy Chucura, the lakes of Toqra, Patapampa and the viewpoint of the Andes, where the snowy Ampato, Hualca-Hualca, and the Cordillera of the Andes is appreciated. At noon arrive at the town of Chivay, this is where we spend the night and we will settle in Eco Inn Hotel. In the afternoon we will hike in the areas surrounding Chivay for 1 hour. Then you can enjoy the thermal springs of La Calera. Night of folk dances in the restaurant. Night hotel in Chivay.
- We'll take precautions for altitude sickness in the Colca, coca tea is good in addition to oxygen and pills for altitude sickness. Do not forget to take pictures with the llamas and alpacas.
- Bring appropriate wear/clothing for the hot springs but mostly wear warm clothing in the Colca for the very cold night.
- Use Sunscreen.
Day 3: Colca Valley Parador y cruz del Condor.
6:00 AM Early breakfast at the hotel to the viewpoint of the Cruz del Condor to see the spectacular flight of the condors, the reason for the early breakfast is to see the condors, also observe the Colca Canyon in its path, its depth is impressive. The trip will take about two hours. Returning for a short walk from the Cruz del Condor toward the Cruz del Cura for 1 hour, then visit the traditional villages of Pinchollo Yanque and Maca where we see lito models, hanging tombs, amphitheatres, churches and terraces. Then return to Chivay for lunch. In closing, we will make the journey back to Arequipa, arriving approx. at 5:00 PM and at 7:30 PM, we will go to the bus terminal to start our trip to the beautiful city of Cusco.
We'll take precautions for altitude sickness. Very early wait for the condors pass over our heads, get your cameras ready, and smile. Do not to forget the sunscreen.
• Pick up from the airport.
• City Tour: Entrances and transportation
• 01 night hotel in Arequipa (La Casa de mi Abuela or similar.)
• Complete the Colca Tour 2 days - 01 nights.
• Hotel night reservation in Chivay.
• Transfer to the bus station and bus ticket (buses with bed seats provided.)
• Food and other services not mentioned in the program.
Day 4: Cusco City and vicinity.
In the afternoon, at approximately 1:00 PM, we will meet at the hotel and start our city tour. Starting with the Cathedral of Cusco, we will find in its walls priceless art and treasures, which is considered by many the most beautiful works of art in South America. Afterward, we will visit the Qorikancha. This wonderful temple is considered sacred because it harbored priests of the Inca Empire that were in charge of worshiping, Inti, the Sun God. We will then continue our tour of the archaeological centers located around the city of Cusco. Starting with Sacsayhuaman, the Quechua name means "satisfied falcon" which was built with huge stone blocks. At the time of the Incas, it was called the "house of the sun" and was a religious center of great importance in local tradition. Afterward, we will visit, Kenko, Quechua word meaning "Labyrinth" coined by the Spanish for its labyrinthine underground galleries and small canals carved zigzag. We will continue our tour visiting Puka-Pukara, called the Red Fort, which is built with stones in that tone of colour. And finally, we will arrive at Tambomachay which was an Inca temple to worship the water.
Our tour ends at the Plaza de Armas of Cusco, at approximately 6:00 pm.
After the tour, stroll through the Plaza de Armas and surrounding areas, where you can appreciate the work of the Cusque?ian artisan craft stores. Grab a bite at the famous Peruvian cuisine restaurants nearby or relax on the park benches of Plaza de Armas and then take a photo there for memories to last during the warm weather in the afternoon, despite the cold nights of Cusco. And if you like the night around the square you will find many nightclubs and bars filled with tourists and locals who expect to have fun with good music and drinks.
Our tour includes:
• Information prior to the tour.
• Entrance to all tourist destinations mentioned (tourist ticket - Cathedral and Qoricancha).
• All transfers in tourist bus.
• Guided group. Spanish - English professional guide.
• Food. Other services not mentioned.
Day 5: Sacred Valley - Cusco - Pisac - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
Breakfast at the hotel. At 8:00 AM pick up from your hotel and start visiting the archaeological site of Pisac located 45 minutes from Cusco by private transport. Pisac give you an idea of advanced knowledge achieved by the Incas in architecture. As in other Inca constructions, some studies show that this was not a fortress but a kind of "real estate", property of Inca Pachacutec, consisting of platforms, domestic and ceremonial structures and aqueducts that provided the water for agriculture. Another good reason to visit Pisac is its traditional market where you can find some unique and authentic memorabilia.
At noon we head to the town of Urubamba where we will have lunch, a buffet where you can enjoy the delicious Peruvian cuisine. Urubamba was one of the main agricultural centers of the Inca Empire. Currently here the best corn in the world is harvested during the rainy season and the valley own fruits abound, such as peaches, cherry tree, quince, strawberries, among others.
In the afternoon, we will visit the fortress of Ollantaytambo, which was a strategic military, agricultural and religious center to manage and control the Sacred Valley of the Incas; the constructs were presumed to be used for agricultural, as well as for military. Walls and watchtowers (probably to protect them from jungle ethnicities). This archaeological site comprises a series of superimposed terraces, showing impressive and large stone blocks finely carved and placed on the upper deck. After we will board the train to Aguas Calientes to visit Machu Picchu early the next day.
We suggest suitable footwear, you will climb stairs with many steps. Bring a small backpack, camera, wear a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, and a water bottle. In Pisac, do not forget to try the delicious empanadas, and purchase an artisan souvenir/memorabilia. In Urubamba enjoy a delicious buffet lunch where we invite you to try the corn of Sacred Valley.
• Entrance at the archaeological site of Pisac, Ollantaytambo.
• Shuttle Bus.
• Guided group. English and Spanish speaking professional guide.
• Buffet lunch at the Tunupa restaurant.
• 01 night Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
• Other services not mentioned.
Day 6: Cusco - Machu Picchu - Cusco.
Very early, at 5:50 AM, we transfer you from your hotel to the train station. At 7:20 AM, we board the train that passes through the Sacred Valley to the village of Aguas Calientes. In Aguas Calientes, we take the bus to take us to Machu Picchu Archaeological Park, situated on top of a mountain.
In Machu Picchu our tour guide will assist you to know better the history and architecture of the Inca City of Machu Picchu. Marvel at the buildings and Inca temples, beside the natural surrounding environment. After the tour we will have until 2:00 pm to roam freely Machu Picchu. In the afternoon, at 4:30 pm board the train back. Around 6:30 pm we meet you at the station and transfer you to your hotel in Cusco. Hours may vary based on the outputs of trains and train service you want to travel.
- Arrive half an hour before time of departure. In Machu Picchu we will climb many stairs, use appropriate shoes.
- We suggest a small backpack, camera, wear a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and a water bottle. After the guided Machu Picchu tour enjoy the magical moment, open your arms and recharge your energy. Visit the thermal baths of Aguas Calientes.
• Information prior to the tour.
• Transfers from Cusco to the train station in Poroy or Ollantaytambo.
• Tickets Poroy or Ollantaytambo train - Aguas Calientes round trip.
• Bus ticket round trip Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu.
• Entrance to Machu Picchu.
• Guide service group. Spanish - English professional guide.
• Other services not mentioned.
Day 7: Cusco - Airport.
At the appropriate time, transfer to the airport for your departure flight.